AutoVer is a configurable automatic or real time backup and personal versioning system. It can be used as a simple real time backup or as a more complex, but transparent version control system (like a realtime incremental backup). The beauty of this system is that once you set it up (which is extremely simple) it does everything. No remembering to backup or to check in or check out files. Every time you save a file it is copied to your backup folder, drive or FTP server. You can include and exclude certain files and browse the backups with the Backup Explorer. It also runs as an icon in your system tray or via a Windows service.
Great for backing up (or one way synchronising) your work or home documents to flash memory or saving every change you make to your source code or image files.
- Copies/renames/optionally deletes files every time the file is saved. File contents can be checked to see if it actually changed first.
- Select any number of separate folders or folder trees (including sub folders) to watch for changes - each folder tree has its own independent settings
- Select straight backup or one of two versioning modes
- Select any folder, drive or FTP to backup to (including memory sticks and network drives)
- Option to create an initial backup before the automatic backup starts and ensure it is current on every startup
- Backups can be checked automatically, at a set time or manually
- Restrict which files and folders to include and exclude (by file mask) & maximum size
- Change the versioning date/time stamp format and versioning rate.
- Zip, 7-Zip or delete old versions after a specified time (or just keep storing the files)
- Optionally delete backup files on original file deletion
- Fault tolerance in case your backup folder/drive goes off line or source files are locked. Drives re-sync'ed when they come online
- MS Office, Visual Studio plus many others supported (temp file creation, delete then rename is treated as original file change)
- Backup file & version explorer included
- Open backups or file versions directly (file extensions are preserved) or via inbuilt explorer
- Compare file versions (using an external application)
- Restore file versions one at a time or all at once via inbuilt explorer or manually
- Run a program on each file change so you can encode, resize or do anything to the file - just use AutoVer for the change detection
- Runs discretely in the Windows System Tray or as a Windows Service (experimental)
- x86/x32 (32 bit) and x64 (64 bit) support
Windows XP SP3 or greater
.NET 4.0 Framework
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Free PDF documentation generator